Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thing 21 Students 2.0

I have definitely evolved from being the student-type to being the educator-type. If I was a student, I think I'd see this is just another assignment that my teachers gave me to get the assignment done, and I'd probably pass it off for my extracurriculars. With undergrad and library sciences behind me, I catch myself wishing I had a tool like this to walk me through my research when I was in college, even better...when I was in high school.

I think that if students are actually willing to give this tool a chance, it would -at the very least - eliminate anxiety over researching, writing papers, an citing sources. The element that I will definitely promote most is the fact that "Research Project Calendar" offers a variety of "Style Manual" tools (http://www.biblioscape.com/styleMan.htm ) under their "Glossary of Terms" link. That link has other tools that are also extremely helpful, and I wish I had that in high school AND college. I also wish I had teachers who wold have taught me had to use such terrific tools.

I really appreciate the fact that you can set up your activities and programs on one of these tools and include your e-mail address so that you may receive benchmark reminders. Speicifically? Our Youth Services Department may revert back to the "Traveling Box" of story times. I think that these would be great tools in putting a box together and even making sure that the boxes travel according to the schedule we set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment